Friday, March 19, 2010

Peer Evaluation

****I have picked Samia’s game, FINAL DESTINATION, for my peer evaluation. ****

1. Briefly describe the game, including its objectives.
This platform type game depicts the main character as an alien who has accidently landed on planet Earth. The objective of this game is for the alien to find its spaceship (escape pod) and get back to Mars. On the way, there are a few enemies that we have to go past and some crystals that we can collect. Her game involves different stages including water, underground, ground and air.

2. List two strengths of the game.
Two strengths of Samia’s game are:
• The game is original and unique. The set up of the game and the types of traps she has put in are really novel. Therefore, the game is enjoyable to play.
• The game involves many different ways or directions that are open to the gamer. There are four different portions: sky, ground, underground and water. This allows the gamer to have choices as well as places to explore. I could play this game again and again.

3. List one weakness of the game.
One weakness of Samia’s game is:
• The amount of power ups and health packs are really low. Adding these might make the gamer more interested in playing as they are being rewarded for their actions. I died most of the time because I ran out of health which could have been fixed if there were more health packs.

4. How did you find the difficulty level of this game?
According to me, the difficulty level of this game is standard for an average gamer. The number of enemies and traps were satisfactory allowing the game to be enjoyable without making it too hard.

5. What parts of the game did you like? Dislike?
I liked everything in the game. The way Samia has organized the game is original, creative and interesting. The only thing I disliked was the number of health packs and power ups placed.

6. What improvements could I make to this game?
I don’t think there is anything that could be improved on except placing health packs and power ups. The game followed many factors that make a good game enjoyable to play and therefore, I took pleasure in playing it.

No comments: